Avant Labs
Jinx Me

Forskohlii Root Extract - promising for body comp

I just read an article promoting a Biotest product, Carbinol 19, citing a study of forskohlii root extract. The study showed some pretty impressive changes in body composition: both an increase in lean muscle and fat loss due to thyroid stimulation.

http://www.obesityresearch.org/...tract/13/8/1335

Has anyone taken this supplement or any other forskolin extract? I tried searching the site but the search function didn't seem to be working.

The Biotest product seems grossly overpriced to me, but there are a number of other forskolin extracts out there for much better prices. I'm thinking of giving one of them a try.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

Jinx, take a look at this thread:

Sabinsa Forksolin order

Unfortunately the original forskolin thread that I linked to in that thread must have been moved or something, because it doesn't seem to work. There might be some info in there that you can still use though.

I have used Carbolin-19 (mainly because it was the first C.Fors. product I heard of - please don't flame) and say that yes, it does indeed work as claimed, although in my opinion the results will vary greatly depending on a multitude of factors - diet, training, intensity, experience (as most things do)

Here's the deal though - when I first started taking it I felt nothing.. I took 60 mg's daily.. 2 in the morning before eating, and 1 in the afternoon. I didn't 'feel' anything, and I didn't think it did shit for a good two weeks. It seemed very subtle to me, and crept up over like 3 weeks... and made my final decision after it ran out - because I could tell the difference after not taking it. After it was all said and done I gained an appreciable amt of lean mass, and not much fat at all (a lot less than I anticipated).. I leaned up the diet and training, and now have less fat and much more muscle than I started with - indicating success biggrin.gif

Bottom line - it works to a certain extent (if your looking for huge gains, look elsewhere), its subtle, and it doesn't become noticeable until at least 2-3 weeks (based on my experience), C. Forskolin or Forslean is an awesome overall good and safe product - wether or not its the Biotest flavor (which I personally think is too expensive).

I just started taking cAMPHIBOLIC from USP Labs concurrently with Sesalean (a little personal experiment), and I'm hoping for similiar - if not better results - although I am concered about the green tea extract, mainly cause I drink TONS of green tea anyways - too much of a good thing perhaps.

Sabinsa Forksolin order

Unfortunately the original forskolin thread that I linked to in that thread must have been moved or something, because it doesn't seem to work.  There might be some info in there that you can still use though.

297672[/snapback]

So did that order ever get placed? If it's still pending, I'm interested in going in on it.

Thanks for the detailed reply - I train hard and consistently, and my diet's extremely clean, but I'm in a second strength/bulking phase and heading into a leaning phase in about six weeks. I figured anything I can do to increase the muscle and decrease the fat will help me reach my goals that little bit more effectively. Not looking for 'magic,' I just don't want to waste money on useless crap (been there, done that too many times already). Right now I take creatine, whey, casein, fish oil, multimineral, b vitamins, greens plus. Good lord - to think I've actually cut back on my supplement regimen! wacko.gif

I have used Carbolin-19 (mainly because it was the first C.Fors. product I heard of - please don't flame) and say that yes, it does indeed work as claimed, although in my opinion the results will vary greatly depending on a multitude of factors - diet, training, intensity, experience (as most things do)

Here's the deal though - when I first started taking it I felt nothing.. I took 60 mg's daily.. 2 in the morning before eating, and 1 in the afternoon.  I didn't 'feel' anything, and I didn't think it did shit for a good two weeks.  It seemed very subtle to me, and crept up over like 3 weeks...  and made my final decision after it ran out - because I could tell the difference after not taking it.  After it was all said and done I gained an appreciable amt of lean mass, and not much fat at all (a lot less than I anticipated).. I leaned up the diet and training, and now have less fat and much more muscle than I started with - indicating success  biggrin.gif

Bottom line - it works to a certain extent (if your looking for huge gains, look elsewhere), its subtle, and it doesn't become noticeable until at least 2-3 weeks (based on my experience), C. Forskolin or Forslean is an awesome overall good and safe product - wether or not its the Biotest flavor (which I personally think is too expensive).

I just started taking cAMPHIBOLIC from USP Labs concurrently with Sesalean (a little personal experiment), and I'm hoping for similiar - if not better results - although I am concered about the green tea extract, mainly cause I drink TONS of green tea anyways - too much of a good thing perhaps.

297683[/snapback]

Sabinsa Forksolin order

Unfortunately the original forskolin thread that I linked to in that thread must have been moved or something, because it doesn't seem to work.  There might be some info in there that you can still use though.

297672[/snapback]

So did that order ever get placed? If it's still pending, I'm interested in going in on it.

297725[/snapback]

Hasn't been placed yet. There's a minimum numer of people who need to get in on it before we can place an order. Reply to the thread and liorrh will more than likely add your name to the list.