Avant Labs
Max32

Muscletech Anator

Well, the MTech reps came in today and gave a presentation on prods, including their latest, anator. After looking at the profile, it does appear to be a much better post workout than their pride and joy cell tech (creatine and koolaid). They are claiming it to be a "hardcore" product that will raise insulin levels so much that they feel it necessary to put a warning not to drive after until consuming a meal with the insulin spike it creates...I guess we will see...hopefully this will at least result in the demise of cell tech.

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 320

Calories from fat 10

Total Fat 1g

Saturated Fat 0.5 g

TransFat 0 g

Cholesterol 10 mg

Total Carbohydrate 57g

Sugars (as pharmaceutical-grade dextrose) 28.5g

Protein 20g

Calcium 65 mg

Iron 0.7 mg

Sodium 60 mg

PhenylGene tm 7.2g

LeuciGene tm 7.2 g

GeneTOR 5g

ANA-DRIVE TM * (MALTODEXTRIN PHAMACEUTICAL-GRADE DEXTROSE) PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE (DI-, TRI, OLIGO- AND POLYPEPTIDES)

Caleb,

as far as the ingreds,

PhenylGene tm 7.2g

LeuciGene tm 7.2 g

GeneTOR 5g

Not sure I can say what makes these up yet. When I get confirmation and/or have product, I will let ya know.

Caleb,

as far as the ingreds,

PhenylGene tm 7.2g

LeuciGene tm 7.2 g

GeneTOR 5g

Not sure I can say what makes these up yet. When I get confirmation and/or have product, I will let ya know.

Stupid names! :blink:

But bro, it has pharmaceutical grade dextrose. I heard that shit gets you jacked bro.

Touché... I know as soon as I read that the sugar what pharmaceutical-grade I'd get jacked of the shit. I bet pharmgrade CHO makes your D grow as well!

God bless Muscletech for giving us something to laugh at consistently...

"Anator".... Sounds like a character out of a Dungeons and Dragons module. Behold ye Anator, allmighty Anator.. burninating villagers and unleashing fury upon the land...

I'm surprised with all the R&D that went into this that they went with pharmaceutical dextrose, when really they should have done a 50/50 blend of methylated maltodextrin and dextrose ethyl ester. I mean everyone knows it's better than pharmaceutical dextrose. Better than anavar actually.

I think its a souped-up MRP.

That it is not bud. They were very clear to dub it post workout ONLY.... :-) It actually looks like a descent product for that purpose. My objection is the dextrose. After trying vitargo PWO, I will never use another carb source again

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 320

Calories from fat 10

Total Fat 1g

Saturated Fat 0.5 g

TransFat 0 g

Cholesterol 10 mg

Total Carbohydrate 57g

Sugars (as pharmaceutical-grade dextrose) 28.5g

Protein 20g

Calcium 65 mg

Iron 0.7 mg

Sodium 60 mg

PhenylGene tm 7.2g

LeuciGene tm 7.2 g

GeneTOR 5g

ANA-DRIVE TM * (MALTODEXTRIN PHAMACEUTICAL-GRADE DEXTROSE) PARTIALLY HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE (DI-, TRI, OLIGO- AND POLYPEPTIDES)

Is this what the fuss is about?

I was wondering that too. Layne, surely you know, don't researchers use phenylalanine in some way, shape, or form to measure protein turnover? I have to wonder if they just screwed up reading the abstracts on protein synthesis. I hope I'm wrong.

You are wrong, fortunately.

If you look at the Methoxy Pro product blurb, you see their hype on the addition of a variety of majick amino acids:

L-Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid which is converted into l-tyrosine and then converted into different neurotransmitters and hormones such as adrenaline, norepinephrine, dopamine and thyroid hormones. It is one of the amino acids whose levels are low in whey proteins. It has been shown to enhance alertness, memory, and even control chronic pain.

L-Tyrosine is also converted into many different neurotransmitters and hormones (see l-phenylalanine). It is the primary precursor to CCK (an appetite suppressing hormone) and is a precursor to important stimulants to the metabolism (thermogenisis) and nervous system. It has been shown to have minor GH stimulation properties, is converted to make thyroid hormones, and enhances alertness and memory.

So, its part of the whiz bang, feed em as many forms of leucine and other key amino acids as you can, in hopes the result really does have an anabolic effect.

Make it sound like its got whiz bang super secret biologics, and the suckers will think *its special*.

You are wrong, fortunately.

If you look at the Methoxy Pro product blurb, you see their hype on the addition of a variety of majick amino acids:

L-Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid which is converted into l-tyrosine and then converted into different neurotransmitters and hormones such as adrenaline, norepinephrine, dopamine and thyroid hormones. It is one of the amino acids whose levels are low in whey proteins. It has been shown to enhance alertness, memory, and even control chronic pain.

L-Tyrosine is also converted into many different neurotransmitters and hormones (see l-phenylalanine). It is the primary precursor to CCK (an appetite suppressing hormone) and is a precursor to important stimulants to the metabolism (thermogenisis) and nervous system. It has been shown to have minor GH stimulation properties, is converted to make thyroid hormones, and enhances alertness and memory.

So, its part of the whiz bang, feed em as many forms of leucine and other key amino acids as you can, in hopes the result really does have an anabolic effect.

Make it sound like its got whiz bang super secret biologics, and the suckers will think *its special*.

that's for methoxy pro. MT is claiming that all their ingredients activate mtor. phenylalanine does no such thing. I think they screwed up reading abstracts and didn't realize what they were reading... confusing the labeled phenylalanine used to measure protein synthesis, with something that actually activates protein synthesis.

It wouldn't be the first time someone screwed up reading an abstract & it ended up in the product.

-Layne

that's for methoxy pro. MT is claiming that all their ingredients activate mtor. phenylalanine does no such thing. I think they screwed up reading abstracts and didn't realize what they were reading... confusing the labeled phenylalanine used to measure protein synthesis, with something that actually activates protein synthesis.

It wouldn't be the first time someone screwed up reading an abstract & it ended up in the product.

-Layne

I think Biotest included phenylalanine in Surge for the very same reason.

Maybe they read this citation:

Section: Role of BCKD activity state in mTOR activation.

Paper: Potential role of leucine metabolism in the leucine-signaling pathway involving mTOR. Christopher J. Lynch, Beth Halle,1 Hisao Fujii, Thomas C. Vary, Reidar Wallin, Zahi Damuni,1 and Susan M. Hutson. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285: E854-E863, 2003,

"The concentrations of most other amino acids, except BCAA, did not change appreciably in response to increasing leucine (Table 2). However, there was a trend toward a dose-dependent decrease in phenylalanine and tyrosine. This trend is consistent with an inhibitory effect of leucine on protein breakdown (8, 9), which increases with food deprivation."

*shrug* Its a link I guess they decided to address.

decrease howso? plasma amnio acids? Once again this is misinterpretation i believe, phenylalanine is also used to measure protein breakdown. Basically you label phenylalanine & measure it's release into the medium... if concentrations increase; you can assume more phenylalanine is being released and protein breakdown is increasing.

This is why it's important to read the methods section.

I believe there is a connection between protein synthesis and turnover (thru autophagy in liver and muscle cells). Phenylalanine and tyrosine in particular have been studied for thier role in cotnrol of autophagy.

Maybe they were being clever and covering their protein turnover bases.

Leucine Limitation Induces Autophagy and Activation of Lysosome-dependent Proteolysis in C2C12 Myotubes through a Mammalian Target of Rapamycin-independent Signaling Pathway Sylvie Mordier, Christiane Deval, Daniel Béchet, Amina Tassa, and Marc Ferrara J. Biol. Chem., Vol. 275(38):29900-29906 (2000).

In the Introduction:

"In the liver, autophagy is an important physiological response and some amino acids can regulate this sequestration pathway. Indeed, it has been shown that after amino acid withdrawal, liver perfusion with a group of eight amino acids leads to an inhibition of autophagy at the sequestration step (10, 11). Among them, leucine, phenylalanine, and tyrosine are the most potent to inhibit the formation of autophagosomes."

Final paragraphs of the conclusions:

As is observed for protein synthesis, autophagy is also regulated by protein phosphorylation (22, 48). When protein synthesis is inhibited, it was found that inhibition of autophagic proteolysis following amino acid supplementation, was correlated with the phosphorylation of ribosomal S6 protein in hepatocytes isolated from starved rats (22). The actual concept is that fluxes through the autophagic and synthetic pathways are regulated in an opposite manner with mTOR being the integrator of external signals (hormones or nutrients) and regulating both processes (47). A recent study in yeast clearly demonstrated that mTOR is a negative regulator of autophagy (21). The present work shows that this is also true for C2C12 myotubes, as inhibition of mTOR by rapamycin treatment increases the rate of protein breakdown. However, when mTOR activity is inhibited, leucine starvation further increases protein breakdown. As discussed above, leucine starvation in itself and starvation of all amino acids (except methionine) do not reduce significantly the level of S6-P. Again, the conclusion is that leucine, and probably most amino acids, do not regulate autophagy through mTOR in C2C12 myotubes. Therefore, in this model, the concept of a co-regulation of protein synthesis and degradation by amino acids through the common effector mTOR is not valid. The influence of the state of differentiation on the cellular response to amino acid depletion, as discussed above, is important. However, because mTOR may control liver autophagy (22) contrasting with what occurs in C2C12 myotubes, it suggests that amino acid starvation could turn on distinct signaling pathways in different tissues also characterized by differences in their metabolism.

In conclusion, amino acids and especially leucine can exert a direct effect on muscle protein breakdown. This effect is mediated by the induction of autophagy and increased lysosome-dependent proteolysis with no effect on the 26 S proteasome-dependent proteolytic pathway. We confirm that leucine also regulates protein synthesis in our system, but the primary adaptation to amino acid starvation is induction of autophagy. Although we cannot propose which signaling pathway is involved, we provide clear evidence that leucine effects on both protein synthesis and autophagy in C2C12 myotubes occurs through an mTOR-independent signaling pathway.

they infused the essential amino acids. Not just phenylalanine & tyrosine... i'm pretty sure this is NOT the reason they included it... and if it is, it is really really weak

Poor reading skills. Layne and I are in agreement that it was included because phenylalanine is generally the amino acid used when measuring protein synthesis. Check out what happens in pubmed if you type "protein synthesis phenylalanine". It seriously seems like they included because it's mentioned in a lot of abstracts pertaining to this subject, not having any clue why it's mentioned.