Avant Labs
Sign in to follow this  
LrdViperScrpin

Could nicotine lozenges be promoting acne?

I'm not gonna bullshit about this - I love nicotine lozenges, whether or not I'm cutting.

I know that nicotine causes some damage to blood vessels, and take lots of vitamin c throughout the day to help alleviate some of the damage, but are there other detrimental effects it can cause?

My acne has not been particularly bad since I started taking oral tetracycline, but it occasionally flares up, and seems to do so fairly closely in relation with nicotine use. I've read that nicotine can cause both vasoconstriction and vasodilation, so I was wondering if its vasoconstrictive properties could be exacerbating the acne, esp. around my jawline.

Could nicotine be doing it, and is there anything else I should be careful of when taking it?

I try to take frequent breaks, but there will be days in a row where I'll get in about 16-24 mg throughout the day. I know it's probably better just to quit, but it's my only real vice, and I just have no desire to quit. I'd much prefer to use it as carefully as possible - enjoying it in moderation.

Drugs, creams and typical acne cures sometimes work in a partial way but the results are temporary and the side effects are nasty. The tiny handful acne sufferers who have learned how to clear their acne from within and without ever using drugs or over the counters are the only people in the world who keep their skin clear permanently. Now you can learn these clear skin secrets from a nutritionist and a former sufferer who knows from real-world experience exactly how it's done with the knowledge on natural acne treatments

Sign in to follow this