Avant Labs
JAJA

Hormones

I have hyperprolactinmia. Does this mean I'll have a harder time packing on pounds of muscle? They prescribed me Pergolide and Bromocriptine will this help me build muscle?

I have hyperprolactinmia. Does this mean I'll have a harder time packing on pounds of muscle? They prescribed me Pergolide and Bromocriptine will this help me build muscle?

I'd imagine so. Psychologically, certainly you should be more motivated and able to lift and accomplish things. Physiologically, I'm not sure muscle synthesis will actually improve or anything.

.5mg of pergolide won't effect muscle growth at all i would think but it will have a marginal effect on fat loss.The effect would be mediated through appetite supression and not oxidation of stored b/f.Fat loss usually kicks in at 1 gram of pergilde daily and is very pronounced at 3-4 grams e/d.

Loki wrote some detailed articles on pergolide a couple years back.They're somewhere in the back issues of the magazine section on mindandmuscle.net but the sides would be terrible at such a high dosage.

However,most feedback from those who've tried it indicates that pergolide at higher dosages exerts some pretty heavy "mind fog" and generally makes you feel half retarded.

.5mg of pergolide won't effect muscle growth at all i would think but it will have a marginal effect on fat loss.The effect would be mediated through appetite supression and not oxidation of stored b/f.Fat loss usually kicks in at 1 gram of pergilde daily and is very pronounced at 3-4 grams e/d.

Loki wrote some detailed articles on pergolide a couple years back.They're somewhere in the back issues of the magazine section on mindandmuscle.net but the sides would be terrible at such a high dosage.

However,most feedback from those who've tried it indicates that pergolide at higher dosages exerts some pretty heavy "mind fog" and generally makes you feel half retarded.

Let me make sure I am understanding you right. At .05 mg fat loss would be becuase of appetite supression but at 1 mg daily or more it is becuase of fat oxidation?

What the fuck,I posted a reply earlier this morning and it is no longer here?

This is the second time this has happened in the past couple of weeks on this board.

Appetite supression should manifest itself at .5-1 mg e/d and increased fat oxidation at 3mg.Keep in mind,there are too many variables,especially considering your medical condition to throw dosing recs out there.

To sum up what I posted earlier:

Rad the articles on bromo + perg in the mindandmuscle.net magazine,do a search.These drugs can have some BAD side effects and you should know what you're putting into your body.

I have been doing cardio at low intensity/high duration and high intensity/low duration and taking pergolide at 1.5mg a day and not seeing any results. I even got it up to 3mg for one day. It could it be that the risperdone (rispedal) I am taking is blocking the effects of pergolide? I read Loki's article and it says if you are taking DA-antagonists that it blocks the effects. Is risperdone a DA-antagonist? Am I wasting my time?

You are taking a medication,which IIRC is an anti-psychotic,and you don't know what family the drug belongs to?

That is clearly not good.Dude,look up the basic pharmacology WRT Risperdol on Yahoo,you should already know this.

Pergolide at 1.5mg and above should thoroughly kill your appetite,are you seeing this?

You also MOST have a caloric deficit in place for fat loss to occur,no matter what drugs and/or training,this should be self evident.If you are consuming a large surplus of calories then fat loss induced via pergolide and training is fucked over.

Can't completely remember but couldn't you take oral stanozolol (winstrol). I think this is an antiprolactin and I think trenbolone is a prolactin. In that case you need some test prop if your prolactin levels are what above 7.0?