Avant Labs

It is that level of all in decicated nerd that I cannot fully understand but can endlesly appreciate.

I know what you mean.

I appreciate the aims of the whole rationalist/LessWrong community, but I can't stand hanging out with them for longer than 15 minutes. Those guys are also completely schizophrenic, politically -- Slatestarcodex, despite its other merits, has got to be the most politically-confused blog on the internet -- as they keep trying to juggle mainstream progressivism, effective altruism, transhumanism, eugenics, libertarianism, and lots of other -isms that might seem like good, rational ideas... But, when all taken together, don't work.

All of the old members were contemplating Descartes.

Disagreed, then disappeared.

There must be some way to coordinate them.

Yeah, it may take a little while to get people back. I am sure lots of people have new emails and might not see the announcement in their old email for awhile.

Holly fuck, I saw the email and thought it was spam.  I barely posted back in the day, but lurked since the days of Big Motherfucker.  Good to see thins getting going again?  Shit I haven't even seen that Alex Grey pic that is my avatar in like 15 years.  Time flies!

I tried to write the email with fairly idiosyncratic language so people would know it was me. I will probably send out another one in a week or so, with "Not a joke Edition" in the message title.

I am also curious how many people still have/look at their emails they were registered here with, as they were all from 2001-2008

If anyone is still in contact with others from the board, let them know we are back up, again.