Avant Labs
Sign in to follow this  
liorrh

What happened to everyone? 3+ years later?

as nightop suggested, this thread will be dedicated for information sharing about our "missing" avant bretheren.

Spencer - coming up to his army release. I think that is what's occupying him...

Loki - is partying too much at shcool. probably 20% BF. which will take him a week to lose.

VC -?

Spook - ? I have a theory he started working for the government or was harrased by them into hiding. its totally my imagination.

Tolson - PHD ?

DeSade?

Kevin form lyle's board?

zeppelin?

Derek AKA beast? I see him on AM sometimes...

Davin8r - PHD?

Stabmaster = mentioned that every two years he changes his interests completley and that will happen soon in the oxytocin thread (another classic)

Duque21

Cjdawg

natron

Godmode

Roy Harper - good riddance

lynx

sunflower

novick (has guest apearanceshere once in a full moon)

feel free to add more names, I'm sure I forgot some, I'll edit this post as we go along.

I realy miss Spook, Tolson and VC WRT to the science disscussions, they were very unique, original and thought provoking each in his own way. these guys are the standards I wish someday to achieve WRT to coherent, original, well rounded writing.

There are a lot, really.

Stabmaster, Dugue, and a bunch of others I can't think of offhand.

Been wondering what's been going on with these guys.

First of all, it's Duque you idiots.

I haven't talke to him on AIM in a while, but he's most likely overseas again teaching fighting somewhere in asia.

DSade made a reappearance a month or two ago, but hasn't been around much.

adamp2p...

baehoaohaohhooheoaohoaehoaehaohaohaoh. Sorry.

Ezra

And Dante though he makes the occasional apperance when he's not stalking the lead singer from Nightswish (or whatever they're called)

Kevin form lyle's board?

301428[/snapback]

He's still around - at least at Lyle's board.

301547[/snapback]

Really? Under what name?

I been surprised at VC as of late...

George has since stated he feels he knows everything and has lost a great deal of interest in a somewhat recent thread... I guess big egos and androgens will do these things.

Some of those others are obvious.

I'm still around, I just don't post much if at all.

I've talked to Loki a couple times over the past months and he is doing the school + partying thing.

Godmode is alive. He basically gave up lifting when he started his new job after I moved to AZ. I managed to convince him to get back into it, but he still hasn't regained the motivation to frequent the boards. As far as I know, his free time is spent eating Chipotle, playing video games, and reading Wiki.

Godmode is alive.  He basically gave up lifting when he started his new job after I moved to AZ.  I managed to convince him to get back into it, but he still hasn't regained the motivation to frequent the boards.  As far as I know, his free time is spent eating Chipotle, playing video games, and reading Wiki.

301669[/snapback]

I knew he didnt have it in him.

I do think Spook`s disappearence is scary considering he had mono and all sad.gif

never really posted to much when I was around just recently started browsing again. Ive been busy along the same lines as Str8flexed. Biochem major looking at Phd program at Vanderbilt. Just now returning to lifting oh and drinking and brewing beer like a good scholarly college student biggrin.gif By the way Str8 congrats on your peer review, that is killer!!!! A few more and you have your doctrate correct?

I could see Spook getting sucked into a goverment think tank of some sort.

Maybe he's in a microsoft think tank to deal with the impending thread of Google becoming more popular than Windows.

Dawza (Wen) writes for M&M still.

Labrat (Elzi Volk) is doing her thing somewhere i am sure. We were always too speculative/theoretical for her taste, I think.

Spook -- I know he caught some shit with his job about his work with us, so hopefully, they did just make him dissappear from the boards. He did also mention not too long before disappearing that he would be doing a new job at a think tank thing, but he said he would have a lot more time, not less. He was on the recovery end of his mono, but it was very severe, so it is a bit worrisome.

Kevin/Good Lord/King of Pain -- I think he fit in too well with our board, so he quit posting to focus on his fighting elsewhere.

Well CjDawg is one of my best friends. He has been quite preoccupied with school and hasn't been into lifting at all recently. Hopefully the summer though when time isn't as much of a concern smile.gif.

Ooo I miss this forum I'll be back when I get money. Any donators?

There's so many different boards now. It's almost as hard to select a board as it is for me to select condoms.

Godmode is a friend of GhostFaceKillah and I and he has been bulking preety hardcore apparantly (he said fuck the cut, and now at 260) but has been busy with his new job.

Biochem major looking at Phd program at Vanderbilt.

301784[/snapback]

Oh yeah I know some of the Vandy Biochem crowd.

Which labs catch your eye?

The environmental tox group always seems to have a waiting line of employers for their grads and post docs, plus most of em have big NIH grants (decent stipends for students). Hope yoube been gargling your chemistry. ph34r.gif

Get your partying under your belt. Once you start working, its 7-days a week in most of the larger labs. Ass busting, head knocking time.

Good stuff!

I live.

Reports of my [bulk] have been greatly exaggerated. I am not 260 lbs. I am currently attempting to recomp. It is true that I now work a full-time desk job.

I have, however, had a bodyfat relapse of a sort, and I was out of the gym for nearly 2 months. Things are back on track, however. It should be a rough Spring, but I'll be back. But when I do return, I'll have a physique that commands a bit more respect.

Tkardde asked me to write another article for M&M. I worked on it a bit and never really liked it. Hopefully I'll finish it and you all will see it.

Dr. Phil, go fuck yourself.

Trouble- Ive worked for Dr. Baldwin and Dr. Conn. I am still undecided as to the particulars of where I want to work. I am planning on joining the IGP program and going through the lab rotations, getting a better idea of where I want to go.

As far as gargling my chemistry, I recently ran some GC/MS on "spirit drinks" tongue.gif albeiit the main research conducted is far from ingestible!

Re: Post Grad @ Vandy.

Isn't that 3 members of this board now who are involved in that?

Nightop just got accepted (IIRC), J. reeves, and who was the other?