Avant Labs
Sign in to follow this  
liorrh

What happened to everyone? 3+ years later?

Trouble- Ive worked for Dr. Baldwin and Dr. Conn. I am still undecided as to the particulars of where I want to work. I am planning on joining the IGP program and going through the lab rotations, getting a better idea of where I want to go.

As far as gargling my chemistry, I recently ran some GC/MS on "spirit drinks" tongue.gif albeiit the main research conducted is far from ingestible!

302574[/snapback]

Unless Baldwin and Conn are new faculty, they aren't in the Biochem Dept.

I can personally attest to Guengerich, Marnett, Tadashi and a few others as great, if not demanding, bosses.

The main focus has become cancer research. Used to be a little more diverse.

Great faculty. Lots of interesting topics to work on. And Nashville is a cool place to live. Was there for almost a decade. Music row is adjacent to the Vanderbilt campus.

Conn is in pharmacology and Baldwin is in pediatrics & cell/developmental.

I'm working in biochem dept. and will be starting the IGP this fall '06, not '07 jon.

There are many good departments -- I highly recommend you apply here and choose this program jon, assuming acceptance.

I'm curious who the third member is as well.

And yes trouble, Nashville is awesome. What is your connection w/Vandy?

I'm back and heading into the industry again. I have assloads of research that was not tapped into - so I will be pooling my scribbled notes back together to reengineer some products.

I won't bore you with the details of my absence - but there were plenty of hookers, pimps, white trash, drug addicts, lying whores, gangbangers...and l'il ole me caught in the mix.

I am free of most of my demons.

I forgive you my scars for the wisdom they have lent me, and the ignorance (innocence) your cankerous kisses bled away.

Abaddon?

That cat had some interesting viewpoints.

Ezra?

I actually heard from Ergoman the other day...he's had some issues but expects to be back sometime this summer.

Dunno the dude's name,he had some cat playing a guitar in his avatar.

abaddon was ezra, the guy who used to manage this forum and still manages all of 1fast400's web stuff.

I used to frequent this forum if some of you may recognize the handle. I've hardly found time to dick around on forums since them. Just curious where everyone went. This used to be a very active forum. Just curious where everyone goes, and what everyone who was around a few years ago are doing these days.

..been wondering the same. there seems to be such little activity here on the boards lately.

i somehow managed to graduate with a degree in comp sci and have been working for the past 3 or so years in software. recently transitioned into product management. I've been living in the sf bay area for the past 2 1/2 years and am loving it. weights are only a minor part of my life now, as i've found that in this area there are many, many, many other things one can do that are just as, if not even more enjoyable- rock climbing, hiking, kiteboarding, surfing, etc. ]

Mind & Muscle is the old avant essentially; you should head over there. This is the first time I've been on Avant in probably at least 5 months but wanted to look at some old threads.

www.mindandmuscle.net/forum

Mind & Muscle is the old avant essentially; you should head over there. This is the first time I've been on Avant in probably at least 5 months but wanted to look at some old threads.

www.mindandmuscle.net/forum

Thanks. I've been wanting to get back into it. I've been teaching chemistry at Humboldt State University full time and I'm also the COO (operations) of a solar thermal manufacturing facility. I am busy all the flippin time, but I still want to get to the gym more often now that the semester is over. I kindof want to re-learn what I once knew besides "do deads squats and dips and STFU" which is pretty much what the last few years looks like.

Anyways since i'm probably writing into thin air i'm outta here. See ya at mindandmuscle ;)

Still lurking here myself......M&M is good for old bastards........but other forums cropped up since the hay-day of Avant and people dilluted. But we still come back to the old tried and true form time to time.....this is the beginning for me.....started here so I will always come back ;)

First time back on the board in ages... Why so few Avant products now?

Still lurking here myself......M&M is good for old bastards........but other forums cropped up since the hay-day of Avant and people dilluted. But we still come back to the old tried and true form time to time.....this is the beginning for me.....started here so I will always come back ;)

What's up Par?  Good to see you have the board back up. I was just thinking the other day how awesome this board was back in the day. There's still nothing I've seen anywhere that can touch the level of science this board had back in the ~2003-2005 era.